Our Spring Bulk Food Delivery Program
Once again, we have have arranged for Longo's Supermarkets to drop off at the Deacon's Cupboard 80 cases (approximately 40 cubic feet) of a mix of excellent staple goods. This wholesale purchase amounted to approximately $2400. As at October 23, we already raised 1/7 of this amount. By year's end, the full amount was raised. If we keep raising more than our goal (as we did last fall), we'll look to do another delivery next spring! If you would like to continue to make donations specifically to help the Deacon's Cupboard Bulk Food Delivery, please put it in an ordinary envelope on the offering plate, but clearly marked "DC Bulk Food" with your name or envelope number on it. If you wish, please speak to Paul Sabourin, who can help co-ordinate your donation.
This is a very successful project for the following reasons:
- it eliminates the hassle of driving/picking/delivery of goods
- the Deacon's Cupboard folks help us select their "highest need" items (which change throughout the year)
- it helps the DC staff because it's simpler to schedule volunteers around one large delivery
- buying at wholesale gives great value per $$ raised
- donating through the Church gives participants an income tax deduction
Thanks for your support in the Fall, and now for the Spring!